While public cloud’s hypergrowth garners a lot of press, we expect opportunities to continue for private cloud solutions. In our recently published Private Cloud Solutions Forecast, 2016 To 2021 (Global) we expect the market to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.0% over the 2016-to-2021 period.
Private cloud can provide the speed-to-market and scalability of public cloud, yet with enhanced security. Improved IT infrastructure manageability and flexibility are the key drivers of private cloud adoption. Many regulated industries, such as financial services, will continue to use private cloud due to security and regulatory concerns.
We project that pre-integrated converged solutions and appliances will be the fastest-growing sector, with an annual growth rate of 16.7% over the forecast period. These “cloud-in-a-box” turnkey solutions fast track a company’s path to the cloud. In our Global Business Technographics® Infrastructure Survey, 2015 , 14% of respondents plan to use pre-integrated converged solutions and appliances for their internal private cloud.
These are just some of the highlights from our research on this topic. If you have interest in the sector, please check out the reports by my colleagues Lauren Nelson and Richard Fichera:
- Vendor Landscape: Private Cloud Overview
- TechRadar: Private Cloud, Q3 2015
- Vendor Landscape: Private Cloud Software Solutions, Q2 2016
- Vendor Landscape: Hosted Private Cloud Q3 2016
- Vendor Landscape: Converged Infrastructure-Based Private Cloud Solutions
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access