WebTrends partnered with Jason Burby, director of Web analytics at Zaaz, to conduct a ten minute Web presentation called "Take 10 on Optimization" to provide marketers with tactics to measure and drive more meaningful Web site changes and customer experiences through optimizing their Web sites. The online survey produced some enlightening new statistics that indicate that organizations are leveraging the Web for more than just e-commerce and that there has been a shift toward marketing departments owning sites opposed to the IT departments overseeing the Web development activities. More than 1,000 people responded
Lead generation has edged out e-commerce as the primary site objective.
- 30 percent responded that lead generation is their primary site objective
- 28 percent profess that e-commerce is their main site objective
- 20 percent concluded that media and content was the objective
- 9 percent concluded their site was built for self service
- 7 percent do not know what their site objective is
More than ever before, marketing managers are more responsible for Web site optimization. Two years ago, Jupiter Research reported that by a 2:1 ratio IT owned and managed the site optimization versus marketing departments.
- 38 percent have stated that their marketing manager owns and manages the Web site optimization process within their organization
- 36 percent peg the traditional Web development team as the owners and mangers of the site at their company <
- 4 percent outsource
A surprising number do not know what their site objective is and even more do not have anyone designated to own or manage the optimization process in their company.
- 14 percent do not have anyone designated to own or manage the optimization process in their company
- 9 percent have the IT handle ownership of the site
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access