February 23, 2004 WebSideStory, a leader in on-demand Web analytics, announced the launch of HBX. HBX marks a breakthrough in on-demand Web analytics by integrating WebSideStory's best-of-breed, real-time data collection architecture with the ability to mine visitor data down to the individual browsing session. The result is highly actionable, up-to-the- second visitor intelligence that allows business managers to dramatically improve the performance of their online initiatives. HBX ( www.hbxondemand.com ) has industry-first capabilities, including custom- defined KPIs (key performance indicators) and affinity reporting, that build upon WebSideStory's mission of making Web analytics simple and relevant for the end user. HBX was developed with extensive input from many of WebSideStory's enterprise-class customers. The company considers its enterprise customer base (at more than 500, the largest in the industry) to be an essential part of its development process.
HBX replaces the company's HitBox Enterprise and HitBox Commerce services, which are well known in the industry. The name "HBX" designates the tenth version of WebSideStory's enterprise-class analytics service. HBX has many new capabilities to help improve online marketing ROI, increase conversions, optimize site content, and increase advertising sales. Select features include:
- Customizable HBX provides flexibility in creating customizable dashboards to help users make quick decisions. Graphical KPIs (key performance indicators), including gauges and interactive charts, enable users to chart their site performance against corporate goals.
- Page and Content Affinity HBX's affinity reporting enables users to understand and establish relationships between two or more distinctive pages or content groups. For example, those who visited Content Group A, also visited Content Groups C and D. This insight allows a commerce site to optimize cross-sell opportunities and a media site to sell more advertising.
- Internal Search HBX delivers an unprecedented level of reporting on internal searches, including search terms across categories, relevant searches, failed searches and search term conversions. WebSideStory can integrate with any internal search system, but is optimized for Atomz, a WebSideStory partner and the leader in on-demand enterprise Web site search applications.
- A/B Testing A/B Testing allows clients to easily compare performance variance in their Web site design and marketing. A/B Testing reduces decision cycles by highlighting the effects of any design or message changes.
- Conversion Events HBX lets users identify and measure the success of different conversion events, such as the completion of a lead form, a demo download, an e-commerce purchase and more. Once identified, key site metrics such as link clicks and internal searches can be tied to these user-defined events.
"Web analytics can deliver great value but only if it doesn't complicate your life it needs to be straightforward and easy to use," said Guy Creese, research director of Internet analytics for the Aberdeen Group ( www.aberdeen.com ), a leading market research firm. "WebSideStory understands this and has done a good job of championing this theme in the industry."
As a completely hosted, on-demand service, HBX collects visitor and customer behavior information in real-time and provides the data on demand through a convenient, Web-browser interface. The service requires no hardware or software investment and can be implemented within days. To learn more about HBX, visit www.hbxondemand.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access