Vignette Corp. announced that it has delivered enhanced business process management capabilities in Vignette's content management, portal and integration products to support organizational compliance. Continuing its strong history of innovation, Vignette has worked with customers to understand key organizational requirements to document and automate business processes, enable portal-based collaboration and workflow, and monitor business processes and operational metrics to help ensure enterprise-wide compliance with regulations such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, HIPAA and Basel II. By deploying the Vignette V7 family of products, organizations can accelerate and enhance their compliance programs.
Business process definition, automation and insight combine with sophisticated content management to form the technical cornerstone of compliance initiatives. In a July 1, 2003, AMR Research Outlook research alert about Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, John Hagerty, vice president of research for AMR Research Inc., stated that "understanding the right business data, improving its quality (if necessary) and combining it with the right content from multiple sources is critical to having a complete picture of company performance."
With Vignette V7, organizations can enhance their ability to comply with regulations by streamlining the procedures that consolidate information from multiple internal sources, manage the security of that information, and analyze the effectiveness of their business processes.
Through numerous engagements with organizations, Vignette has identified some of the key IT requirements for compliance initiatives:
- Organizations must deliver the right real-time information, wherever it exists in the enterprise, to the right person at the right time to help ensure regulatory compliance and reduce the risk of sanction or penalty. Using Vignette's flexible and comprehensive information management and workflow capabilities, organizations can help control access to sensitive information and can verify or document procedural compliance. Automated business processes may be quickly configured to help ensure that public disclosures have been through the appropriate approval cycles.
- Organizations must be responsive to new compliance requirements and changes to existing rules that govern their business. Delays in response times introduce costs and business risk. Vignette's information management and delivery capabilities can be quickly configured, deployed and reused as business requirements evolve. Vignette's Process Workflow Modeler enables business users to graphically document the steps in a reporting process and automate key compliance workflow activities. Business process monitoring provides real-time visibility into process execution so that compliance processes can be verified.
- Organizations need to rationalize the IT costs and complexity of managing their compliance initiatives to maintain an advantage over their competitors. Vignette provides more comprehensive information management and delivery capabilities than any other vendor, allowing organizations to apply Vignette to content-centric business problems across the enterprise. Working with a single vendor like Vignette for an enterprise Web strategy can save organizations an average of 20 percent in software and maintenance costs, and deployment costs of a suite of integrated capabilities can be as much as 50 percent less.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access