VERITAS Software Corporation, a storage software provider, announced the availability of VERITAS CommandCentral Service 3.5 software, fulfilling its commitment to enable IT organizations to move to a utility computing model, delivering backup, recovery and storage as a service. VERITAS CommandCentral Service 3.5 measures and reports on IT resource consumption, service levels and costs. The new software is integrated with VERITAS’ industry-leading backup and recovery products, VERITAS NetBackup and VERITAS Backup Exec software.
VERITAS CommandCentral Service software integrates with VERITAS backup and recovery technology to allow administrators to create logical resource groupings, define services, measure service levels and usage and allocate costs based upon usage. The software allows administrators to manage storage to agreed-upon service levels, customizable by departmental needs and adaptable to the needs of the business.This capability helps IT organizations to deliver pre-defined service levels at the lowest costs and improve efficiency through automation of standard processes.
Key features of VERITAS CommandCentral Service software:
- Integration with VERITAS NetBackup and Backup Exec software: Provides the ability to track backup and recovery job details and policy, error and media information from VERITAS and third-party data protection software
- IT service delivery portal: Allows IT organizations to define storage and backup/recovery services, route through approval and monitor service levels across various applications, locations and business units through a personalized and centralized Web-based portal
- Business-level reporting: Produces up to 75 reports that allow business and IT users to track service level, performance and resource utilization from any defined business view (department, geography, application, etc.)
- Chargeback and cost allocation: Allows IT to consolidate and allocate costs for storage and backup/recovery services across departments and cost centers, using customizable pricing models
VERITAS Software also announced the new release of VERITAS NetBackup 5.0 software, the industry’s leading enterprise backup and recovery productand VERITAS Backup Exec 9.1 for Windows Servers, the leading Windows data protection solution. These new versions work with VERITAS CommandCentral Service software to enable backup and recovery as a utility, combining advanced data protection with service-level delivery and reporting. A new Desktop and Laptop Option protects critical data residing on computers at the edge of the enterprise. Finally, VERITAS announced a software solution for compliance, helping customers manage growing data subject to global regulations through its industry-leading enterprise data protection software stack and the new VERITAS Data Lifecycle Manager 5.0.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access