An annual assessment of the data center can capture the current base line metrics for the facility which can be used as input to the capacity planning and assessment. Info-Tech is offering a template – its Data Center Annual Review Checklist – to help data center managers capture the current base line metrics for capacity planning and assessment.
According to Info-Tech, an annual review of the data center will help organizations to:
- Track physical conditions of the data center and its equipment.
- Identify areas in the data center that may require refresh or upgrade.
- Understand current capacity and plan for future data center needs.
The company’s checklist can be used to compare the current state against future requirements to provide IT with the required input to support future business needs.
Download the Data Center Annual Review Checklist
Also check out: Help Desk Staffing: No Tech Required
© 1998-2010 Info-Tech Research Group. All rights reserved. Reprinted by permission
Info-Tech's products and services combine actionable insight and relevant advice with ready-to-use tools and templates that cover the full spectrum of IT concerns. For more information, go to www.infotech.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access