TIBCO Software Inc., a pioneer in business integration software, and Siebel Systems, Inc., a provider of multichannel e-business applications software, are partnering to deliver prepackaged best-practice business processes for Universal Application Network. Siebel Systems is using TIBCO's design tool to develop these business processes for Universal Application Network to address complex application integration challenges and minimize the need for customization, speeding the deployment and lowering the total cost of ownership.
Universal Application Network dramatically reduces the cost and complexity of application integration, enabling organizations for the first time to cost-effectively develop and deploy cross-application business processes. Based on XML and Web services industry standards, Universal Application Network enables organizations to select best-in-class applications and ensures that they are not locked into vendor-specific proprietary architectures. Universal Application Network includes three primary components:
- Business process design tool A tool, such as TIBCO’s BusinessWorks Process Modeling Tool, that can model and configure existing business processes and create new ones.
- Best-practice business process library A library of prepackaged, industry-specific business processes based on best practices prebuilt, quality-assured and provided by Siebel Systems.
- Integration server An integration server executes business processes, created by the business process design tool and coordinates interapplication communication
The result is a vendor-independent application integration solution that enables organizations to rapidly respond to business opportunities, optimize organizational performance and realize unprecedented business value from existing systems. Because this approach is standards-based, Universal Application Network business processes can be deployed across a diverse set of applications, in multiple company divisions and business units. This gives customers the freedom to choose best-of-class applications and leverage their existing IT investments.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access