The top 25 highest-paying jobs in IT, business intelligence and security
Most budget forecasts for 2018 predicted that information technology and data professionals would earn more than their counterparts in other areas of the business, and that seems to be the trend so far.
According to recent salary data from the web site salary.com, chief information officers now command on average more than a quarter million dollars in pay. That average salary is effective as of March 29, 2018.
Equally impressive, the top 25 highest-paying jobs in IT, software development and data management all now earn over $150,000 annually. All of those jobs are also in the management ranks, with most holding the title of director.
Software or data professionals that are driven by a top paycheck should consider one of the following job roles, according to salary.com
- Chief information officer = $264,486
- Chief technology officer = $233,210
- Chief information security officer = $215,739
- Head of software quality assurance = $213,417
- Information technology director = $184,107
- Web systems director = $182,046
- Software engineering director = $183,090
- Hardware engineering director = $176,756
- Systems engineering director = $171,855
- Information security director = $168,107
- Enterprise operations director = $165,726
- Applications development director = $163,902
- Business intelligence director = $163,347
- Systems engineering UNIX/NT director = $162,429
- CRM program director = $161,961
- Enterprise architecture director = $161,771
- Client services director = $159,570
- IT vendor relations director = $159,401
- Interface design director – Web = $158,463
- Data warehousing director $156,666
- Business applications delivery director = $155,993
- Process engineering director = $155,467
- Enterprise infrastructure director = $155,003
- Executive producer – Web = $153,082
- IT quality assurance director = $152,855
Salary.com notes that typical compensation rates are obviously influenced by region and by industry. The salary rates above typically reflect an individual with three years of experience.