As businesses around the world strengthen corporate responsibility and internal control structures, the need for guidance on effective governance over information technology (IT) is critical.
To help management satisfy IT-related quality, fiduciary and security requirements, the IT Governance Institute has released an interactive, customizable online version of Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT), the international open standard of good practice for IT governance, security and control. COBIT publications “Executive Summary, Framework, Control Objectives and Management Guideline”s remain available as complimentary downloads at www.isaca.org.
COBIT Online allows full browsing and searching capabilities, benchmarking functions and downloads to help senior management and technical professionals bridge the gaps among business risks, control needs and technical issues. Its web-based guidance helps managers assess, select and measure the performance of controls and improvements over IT. It also includes maturity models, critical success factors, key goal indicators, key performance indicators and more than 300 detailed control objectives with policies, procedures, practices and organizational responsibilities.
COBIT has been adopted or recommended by many leading international organizations, including:
- The US National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO)
- Swiss Life/Rentenanstalt, the major life insurance company in Switzerland
- The Office of Inspector General (OIG) of the US House of Representatives
- The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT), a Belgium-based cooperative that handles approximately 3.5 million messages daily with an average daily transaction total of several trillion US dollars
- Netherlands-based Royal Philips Electronics
- New South Wales Health, Australia
- Uruguay Central Bank
- Association of Banks in Lebanon
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access