Teradata, a division of NCR Corporation, announced new capabilities for Teradata CRM, its data warehouse-driven software portfolio for customer relationship management. The new capabilities are designed for power marketers - elite marketing specialists looking for the most powerful desktop software tools, access to granular customer data, more precise control of customer communications and dramatically higher return on customer interaction.
New enhancements to Teradata CRM were the result of close ongoing collaboration with customer users of the product portfolio through the Teradata Analytical Applications Product Advisory Council. The council consists of "license holders and end users who come together to provide insight into new business strategies, processes and functionality with an eye toward addressing business value." Teradata applications are typically developed in conjunction with customers and reflect features customers say they would like to see in the software.
DeAnna Blair, 2007 chairperson of the Teradata Analytical Applications Product Advisory Council, said, "We appreciate the way Teradata has incorporated the advisory council's requests and recommendations into the latest release of Teradata CRM. These enhancements will keep the application and its users among the leading edge of power marketing well into 2007."
Blair is the direct mail project leader at Hallmark Cards, Inc. and considered a leading CRM power marketer by Teradata community colleagues and peers on the council.
"Savvy marketers who understand the power of customer information and how to leverage it are gaining higher ROI," said Leslie Ament, research director with the Aberdeen Group. According to a recent Aberdeen study, marketers reported that their number-one priority across the board is to better understand high-value customers and make better decisions based on a complete view of the business.
"Increasingly I meet marketers who want complex analytical tools on the desktop, operating from a centralized database so they have more access to more intelligence, more speed and more freedom," Ament said. "The best marketers want to be much less dependent on time-consuming process bottlenecks or detached third parties that delay or constrain their ability to act on immediate opportunity." Process bottlenecks include noncentralized data systems as well as associates with different priorities who cannot provide support at the moment it is needed.
Newly introduced enhancements to Teradata CRM accelerate refined analysis and facilitate complex communications, and include:
- Complex offer optimization: sophisticated rules-based software that enables marketers to quickly analyze and optimally match hundreds of product and service offers with millions of individual customers to drive faster and more profitable customer responses - increasing both traffic and wallet share
- Extended access to marketing automation: software that gives remote marketers, sales people, store or branch managers, and customer-facing service personnel "on-the-fly" capabilities to quickly and easily develop surgically precise customer lists for highly personalized and localized promotions or other communications, while not undermining centralized customer contact strategies
- Simplified data import capabilities: quick and easy importing of acquisition and customer lists from third-party data providers or analytical groups, such as statistical modelers without IT involvement
- Improved reusability of campaign components: simplified access to reusable marketing assets which can accelerate the process and better leverage best practices, improving productivity
- Expanded Web compatibility: Teradata CRM now supports additional Web application server environments with connectivity to almost any channel of customer contact while integrating into the current network infrastructure
More on the Aberdeen study is available at http://www.teradata.com/t/page/150052/index.html.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access