Teradata, a division of NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR), announced that its customers dominated The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI) awards competition by taking eight of the 15 prestigious 2002 Best Practices Awards. The awards are presented annually to companies demonstrating innovative practices in real-world data warehouse implementations.
These Teradata customers were winners in the following categories:
- Travelocity - CRM
- Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad Business Performance Management
- Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad Real-time Analytics
- 3M (Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing) Integrating Data Marts and Data Warehouses
- Nationwide Insurance Web Analytics
- Nationwide Insurance Data Stewardship and Data Quality
- Harrah's Entertainment Justifying a Data Warehouse
- Anthem, Inc. Meta Data Management
Teradata recognizes its partners for their contribution in supporting these award-winning customers. Cognos' powerful reporting and analytical capabilities have played an integral role in the success of Harrah's customer relationship management strategy. Hyperion's business performance management solutions are helping Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad improve performance and drive profitability.
According to TDWI, the winners clearly demonstrated that their data warehouse and business intelligence projects were truly innovative solutions to problems commonly faced by data warehousing practitioners, and were practices that could be followed by others. The judges examined six key criteria to determine the winners in each category: impact, relevance, innovation, alignment, maturity and bang for the buck.
Nominations were judged by a panel of experts, including practitioners, consultants, industry analysts, journalists, Journal of Data Warehousing editors, Institute Fellows and TDWI management. For additional information, go to www.dw- institute.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access