Telelogic, a global provider of solutions for advanced systems and software development, announced that Honeywell will make DOORS, the industry's leading requirements management tool, available to all business units through its new Centralized Engineering Application License (CEAL) facility.
Honeywell recently expanded its existing licensing relationship with Telelogic to include a three-year, purchase and maintenance agreement that covers all Telelogic products and services. As a part of that agreement Honeywell had standardized on Telelogic DOORS for requirements management. Telelogic's integrated products and services are used in Honeywell's engineering processes for an extensive range of system and software-centric products and services. These include aerospace, automation and control solutions, airport and aircraft safety and security, car care, specialty materials, and transportation.
"Telelogic is pleased to expand its commitment to Honeywell by providing access to our entire lifecycle of automated development and test tools," said Scott Raskin, president, Telelogic Americas and Asia/Pacific.
Honeywell recently automated some of its processes using DOORS for requirements management, Change Synergy for change management, and CM Synergy for configuration, build and release management. Furthermore, Telelogic Tau has also been selected for near- term implementation, based on its model-centric, object oriented development environment. Under the multi-year licensing agreement, Honeywell has access to the entire family of Telelogic products and services, which can be applied to facilitate superior engineering processes. These products include:
- Telelogic DOORS is a multi-platform, enterprise-wide requirements management tool designed to capture, link, trace, analyze and manage a wide range of information to ensure a project's compliance with specific requirements and standards. DOORS was named the market and technology leader by the Standish Group in its latest report entitled, "What are your requirements? 2003"; by the META Group in its report entitled, "Mastering the Requirements of Requirements Management," April 2003; and Yphise in its 2002 report, "Requirements Management Tools."
- Telelogic Tau is an integrated family of software development and testing tools that provides a unique visual development environment. This simplifies, automates and accelerates the production of real-time and other advanced software. Industry analyst firm VDC called Tau a leading real-time software development tool in its 2002 report, "Software Development Tools, Design Automation Tools, and Test Automation Tools."
- Telelogic Synergy is an integrated tool family for change and configuration management, which provides lifecycle control for a company's software development assets. This enables superior quality advanced software and systems to be developed faster and at reduced costs. Synergy was named the market leader demonstrating "a clear differentiating comparative advantage" according to analyst group Yphise in its latest report entitled, "Application Change Management Software, 2002" and listed as the highest-rated configuration management tool in Ovum's May 2003 report, "Ovum Evaluates: Configuration Management."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access