Sybase, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise infrastructure and mobile software, introduced the Sybase Data Integration Suite, a flexible and scalable solution that combines key data integration techniques, including replication, data federation, real-time events and data search with integrated development and administration. Combined, these techniques enable enterprises to unleash the latent value of their data assets and improve decision speed and quality across the organization.
The suite's broad, integrated capability will help customers gain a competitive advantage by providing an easier, more flexible way to combine data from multiple heterogeneous sources. Building data-rich applications for business intelligence, regulatory compliance, and customer relationship management becomes less complex. The suite offers particular value to enterprises utilizing intelligence applications that combine historical and real-time data.
"Recognizing the need for consistent management of all styles of data integration and the issues associated with multiple overlapping data integration tools and vendors, organizations will increasingly seek a single toolset for creating data services which access, move, transform, integrate and deliver data. Narrow point solutions that address only one style of data integration (such as ETL) or a single use case - such as business intelligence (BI) - are falling out of favor," writes co-author and Gartner Research Vice-President Ted Friedman, in "Predicts 2006: Navigating the Data Management Market and Usage Trends," November 2005.
Sybase Data Integration Suite capabilities will include:
- Replication - Sybase Replication ensures all applications, including real-time reporting systems that need to capture, extract and synchronize data between various applications and locations, have reliable access to the most current information across the enterprise.
- Data Federation - Sybase Data Federation streamlines the integration of data from many distributed sources while providing standardized access to integrated views of data through a single data layer. It provides a flexible, scalable and efficient way to integrate and deliver data obtained from diverse distributed sources to key enterprise applications. These functions include corporate performance, integrated customer service, customer relationship management, risk management, regulatory compliance and financial reporting-applications that require fresh data consolidated from multiple parts of the organization.
- Real Time Events - Sybase Real Time Events proactively pushes time-critical events from heterogeneous operational databases to messaging architectures, eliminating the "information lags" created by batch updates or intermittent polling processes. Sybase Real Time Events enables downstream business processes to immediately react to changes thereby increasing business agility.
- Search - Sybase Search helps companies in data intensive industries query and analyze their structured and unstructured data from both fixed and mobile sources. Sybase Search enables applications to automatically find the most important information within the masses of unstructured information stored in an organization's centralized repositories, libraries, file systems and existing document management systems.
- ETL - Sybase ETL extracts and transforms data from operational data systems and other sources and loads them into a single repository. Sybase ETL capabilities combine industry-leading ease of use with unmatched scalability through a unique GRID architecture for one common data transformation platform. Sybase ETL is based on technology from Sybase's most recent acquisition of Solonde.
The Sybase Data Integration Suite, which supports both structured and unstructured data, is strengthened by integrated tools for modeling and design, application development and administration. Modeling and metadata management, provided through Sybase's industry-leading modeling solution, Sybase PowerDesigner, ensures data design and control as integration requirements change to accommodate business needs. The integrated development tooling, Sybase WorkSpace, is based on the popular Eclipse framework.
The suite's modular, easy-to-deploy architecture enables IT managers to introduce new capabilities in an affordable, evolutionary way, immediately supporting project-based integration projects while comfortably scaling to the most sophisticated, enterprise-wide deployments.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access