Sybase iAnywhere announced that the latest version of SQL Anywhere, its market-leading database and data exchange solution for front-line environments, will be generally available within 45 days. This major release includes more than 200 new features and enhancements to database server performance, data protection and developer productivity, as well as innovations in data synchronization and service-oriented architectures. More than 500 key customers and partners participated in the product's extensive beta program.
Key new features and enhancements include:
- New database server performance features: including materialized views, intra-query parallelism, snapshot isolation, parallel backups, additional indexing methods, and several internal enhancements.
- Enhanced methods for data protection, including: built-in high-availability data mirroring and Veritas cluster agent options, along with robust data security additions.
- Expanded developer productivity resources and platform support, including: tools for performance analysis and application profiling, .NET 2.0 support, tight integration with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and new support for Symbian devices.
- Innovations in synchronization and service-oriented architectures (SOA), including: new graphical administration tools for architecture setup and deployment, expanded enterprise integration options, message management and monitoring, and mobile Web services.
To learn more, visit http://www.ianywhere.com/sqlanywhere.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access