Sun Microsystems Inc. introduced the Sun ONE Collaborative Business Platform, one of the industry's first integrated secure, anywhere, anyplace collaboration platforms. The Collaborative Business Platform helps enterprises deliver secure collaboration and communication services and content and knowledge sharing services for stronger, more effective relationships and increased productivity, efficiency and satisfaction among diverse user groups such as employees, partners, customers, students, faculty and citizens. The Sun ONE Collaborative Businees Platform also includes professional consulting services from Sun and its iForce partners and the brand new Sun ONE Instant Messaging 6.0 software that provides new capabilities for secure instant messaging in the enterprise.
The Sun ONE Collaborative Business Platform unites the necessary components for an organization to implement a full-featured collaborative platform. At the core of the Collaborative Business Platform are services such as e-mail, calendaring, task management and scheduling, instant messaging, conferencing, polling, discussions, real- time collaborative services and content and knowledge sharing tools. Delivery of these services through an identity- enabled portal facilitates user management; enables differentiated access policy and provides single sign-on across services. In addition, secure remote access and wireless capabilities ensure that users get access to their colleagues, customers, partners, and data anywhere at anytime from any device. Users are able to access all of these services through Sun's patented VPN-on-demand technology.
The integration of these collaborative services, and the easy access to them, improves business practices, enhances employee productivity, and advances customer and partner relations. The common infrastructure across products and services increases security and ease of administration, and lowers the overall TCO.
The Collaborative Business Platform includes a set of quick-start and deployment professional consulting services from Sun and industry leading iForce partners including AC Technology, ANTlabs, Avcom East, Inc., Back Bay, DewPoint, eForce, Forsythe Solutions, IC Synergy, InSolutions, Intraware, MG Solutions, Navidec, NCS, Sharp Consulting, TLA Consulting and True North Technology, and Wingra. These value-add-consulting services are focused; fixed-price packages to help customers quickly get their Sun ONE product up and running quickly in their environment. Experienced consultants use best practices to design and deploy the services best suited to meet customers' evolving business requirements.
The Sun ONE Collaborative Business Platform solution helps deliver lower TCO for key collaboration services including:
- Messaging Services: Provides highly reliable e-mail services that are proven to scale to over 10 million users. Allows customers to integrate value-added services (such as virus checking and document conversion) and provide varying levels of delivery service based upon the identity of the user and a customizable routing service. Also provides open access to media conversion capabilities (converting e-mail to fax, e-mail to SMS wireless messages, Word to HTML).
- Real-Time Collaboration Services: Delivers secure presence services and extended, real-time messaging capabilities, including instant messaging, conferences, alerts, news, polls and file transfers. Provides a scalable and reliable Java technology-based client and server for secure real-time communications and presence management.
- Calendaring and Scheduling Services: Enables users to manage schedules, share resources, and schedule events or appointments. Allows access to intelligent notification services that can listen for events such as calendar changes, stock price thresholds or auction notifications, then deliver an appropriate notification to the relevant application or device.
- Content and Knowledge Sharing Services: Allow users access to disparate unstructured content and documents via search, browse and taxonomy management capabilities. Sun's array of content management partners provides full-featured content management services that are pre-integrated in the Sun ONE environment.
- Portal Services: Enables access to disparate services and content via a secure portal. Includes full identity management capabilities to secure access, enforce policy and provide single sign-on to varied services. Aggregates and delivers collaborative services to users based on their community membership and roles. Ensures anytime, anywhere, any device access via integrated wireless and secure remote access capabilities.
- Identity Management Services: Provides a consistent access policy by user, group and role for the delivery of collaboration services across multiple communities. Enables the provisioning of new services that are customized to specific communities, delegated administration and single sign-on across all collaboration services.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access