October 31, 2008 - Sun Microsystems, Inc. announced the latest version of the Solaris 10 Operating System (OS) - Solaris 10 10/08.
The new version builds on the core strengths of the Solaris 10 OS to help customers maximize asset usage and systems performance, manage datacenter complexity, preserve business continuity and reduce costs. Solaris 10 10/08 includes numerous product updates and enhancements, several of which were done through the OpenSolaris community.
The Solaris 10 10/08 release is the result of the collaboration between Sun engineers and OpenSolaris community members. All of the new features Sun is delivering with this release were first delivered into OpenSolaris before being included in the enterprise Solaris 10 10/08 release.
New Features in Solaris 10 10/08 include:
- ZFS File System Enhancements,
- Virtualization and Solaris Containers Updates,
- Intel architecture optimization,
- Compatibility also continues to be a key feature of the Solaris 10 O.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access