The second annual O'Reilly Strata Conference, held in conjunction with Hadoop World, is a three-day conference of keynotes, information sessions and networking events, all centered on big data technology and strategy for business managers, data analysts, developers and data scientists. This story is a compilation of the latest product releases and news from the conference.
- MapR releases the latest edition of its big data platform, MapR M7, with automated architecture and data recovery. MapR M7 doubles information throughput speeds, cuts manual splits for tables and compaction, and features an integrated recovery and snapshot function. (For more on this release, click here.)
- EMC and Kaggle announce a partnership that combines EMC Greenplum Chorus, a social platform for collaborative data science, with Kaggle’s community of more than 55,000 data scientists, to help organizations find and connect with data professionals who can help them solve specific data problems. Chorus users can now search, browse, and drill into profiles of the Kaggle community members who are interested in collaborating. EMC also released the Greenplum Chorus source code under an Apache open source license through the OpenChorus Project.
- Datameer introduces Datameer Analytic Applications Market and Datameer 2.1, a platform where data scientists and SMEs can create and sell packaged analytic applications directly to end users. Data scientists and SMEs can create a custom analytic application, publish it to the App Market and be compensated when a user purchases their app. Users can browse the app market for an analytics package or use case, and can also submit requests for applications to the developer community.
- ParAccel announces its On Demand Integration Services, a database extension layer that opens up its analytic platform so that third parties can build ODI modules and connections to other platforms, applications and data sources. ParAccel also releases the latest iteration of its Hadoop On Demand Integration Module, which connects both relational and non-relational data, supports bi-directional sharing of data and processes with Hadoop, and integrates with HCatalog for metadata exchange.
- Talend adds big data profiling capabilities for Apache Hadoop to the Talend Platform for Big Data. Talend Platform for Big Data now allows user to analyze data in their Hive database on Hadoop, profiling the data “in place” without being extracted. Additionally, the company announces support for NoSQL databases in its integration solutions, Talend Platform for Big Data and Talend Open Studio for Big Data, including initial set of connectors for Cassandra, HBase and MongoDB.
- Continuuity releases its big data application fabric, Continuuity Big Data AppFabric, which allows developers to build, deploy, scale and manage big data apps. The solution is available as a hosted cloud platform or can be integrated with an existing Hadoop/HBase installation.
- Cisco launches the latest version of its automated workload solution. Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler 6.1 features Hadoop Integration, a self-service portal, support for Amazon Web Services’ EC2 & SE features and an iPhone app.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access