October 19, 2009 StoredIQ released its latest generation appliance v5.0, which delivers functionality for e-discovery, records management, information governance and storage management within the enterprise. Version 5.0 includes features such as classification-based access control, as well as improved workflow between legal and IT.
With todays compliance and e-discovery legislation a proactive e-discovery plan is important. Vivian Tero, program manager, GRC Infrastructure with IDC, says that a solution to address the issues between data discovery and information management must be business-line friendly and able to bring the legal teams into the IT process early on. It must also be able to provide the scalability, processing power and management features that IT demands.
StoredIQ v5.0 includes the following new features:
- Data access control for audits, investigations and e-discovery requests based on automatic content classification,
- Scalable storage architecture leverages standard NAS devices,
- Automated systems management event notification,
- Folder-based navigation, and
- A centrally managed dashboard for organizations that have geographically distributed sites, a mobile workforce or a large number of employees.
StoredIQs news today is aimed at calming the nerves of both IT and legal counsel by putting in place the ability to immediately react to litigation requests as well building an infrastructure that proactively prepares for litigation, Ursula Talley, VP of Marketing, StoredIQ told Information Management.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access