Sterling Commerce announced that it is providing customers with software and services to achieve complete data synchronization - a standardized approach for establishing and maintaining consistent and accurate business information within and between companies in a supply chain.
Sterling Commerce now offers a data synchronization suite, with flexible solution options ranging from software to hosted services that can evolve as requirements and business needs change. By synchronizing their data, companies experience an increase in supply chain efficiency, strengthen relationships with partners and retailers and gain an overall competitive advantage.
Sterling Commerce customers can start with a solution to achieve quick compliance and evolve to a more advanced solution resulting in accurate product information kept in sync within the organization and between customers and suppliers. Sterling Commerce provides a full range of software and hosted services that help companies satisfy their compliance needs. Sterling Commerce's suite of data synchronization solutions includes UCC Certification for UCCnet Services - Customers will be able to automatically meet requirements set by retail industry leaders such as Wal-Mart, The Home Depot and Shaw's Supermarkets, who are actively moving toward data synchronization with integral trading partners and are, in many cases, mandating that suppliers exchange product information through the UCCnet GLOBALregistry service - a global repository where enterprises can register item data and share standardized, synchronized supply chain information. Sterling Commerce is a Certified UCC Solution Partner and one of the first vendors to achieve UCCnet Synchronization Suite v. 2.2.1 certification. UCC certification ensures that Sterling Commerce offers standards-compliant, off-the-shelf implementation solutions.
- A Strategic Integration Platform - Customers can leverage the data synchronization solution to accomplish future business integration initiatives.
- World-class Customer Support - Sterling Commerce has more than 25 years of experience in providing unmatched, reliable system performance and fewer operational disruptions with customers and trading partners.
Sterling Commerce's approach to the industry is refreshing, said Al Joughin, vice president, Information Technology Systems, Shaw's Supermarkets. "They realize data synchronization is not just connecting and sending data to UCCnet services, but requires multiple steps to eliminate the manual, error-ridden processes necessary to truly realize the greatest amount of benefits."
An A.T. Kearney study stated that data synchronization can save manufacturers $800,000 to $1.2 million for every $1 billion in sales. This same study showed that retailers can expect to save $700,000 to $1 million for every $1 billion in sales. Some specific benefits include:
- nOne percent reduction in logistics costs
- Two to four percent reduction in out of stocks
- One percent reduction in inventory
- Thousands of hours saved in warehouse and direct store deliveries
- Five to 10 percent reduction in time spent reconciling invoices
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access