Stellent, Inc., a global provider of content management solutions, and Corel Corp., a leading XML technology company, announced an integration between the Stellent Content Management system and the award-winning XML authoring platform, Corel XMetaL. The product integration expands Stellent's existing strong XML functionality to meet increasing customer demand for the ability to create content using XML authoring tools and store it directly in a content management system.
"Stellent has a long history of providing robust XML functionality including the ability to automatically convert native formats to XML to our customers," said Dan Ryan, executive vice president of marketing and business development for Stellent. "The benefits of XML including content reuse, increased author efficiency and reduced publishing/maintenance costs have driven many users to adopt XML authoring tools for their content creation processes. In fact, according to ZapThink, the market for XML content lifecycle solutions is expected to grow from $1.8 billion in 2003 to more than $11.6 billion by 2008. Our integration with Corel XMetaL is yet another step along our XML roadmap, helping us meet existing and future customer demand for this functionality. This integration further extends Stellent's commitment to allowing users to work in common desktop applications and enables them to continue their normal work patterns unchanged."
Together, Corel XMetaL and Stellent enable users to easily create, update, store and manage a variety of XML content for a number of purposes including Web content, technical publications, and product and manufacturing documentation. Users have access to all Stellent Universal Content Management functionalities, including content conversion, library services, categorization, workflow, Web publishing, content collaboration, content distribution and enterprise search. In addition, the integration allows users to search for and open XML content stored in the Stellent system directly from the Corel XMetaL interface.
The Stellent Content Management/Corel XMetaL integration will provide the following key features and benefits to Stellent customers:
- User-friendly contribution interface The WebDAV integration allows users to manage content in Stellent Content Server for use in Corel XMetaL.
- Efficient content reuse The XML fragment bursting capability enables users to break a single document into smaller XML fragments to enable efficient content reuse across multiple documents. All XML fragments are managed objects in the Stellent Content Management system.
- Streamlined content updates A parent-child relationship is maintained between XML components allowing users to update a fragment once and have the update reflected in all parent files where the fragment appears.
- Impact analysis An impact analysis identifies where a given fragment is used and what content or master files will be affected by a particular fragment change.
- Customizable integrations By leveraging the extensibility of Corel XMetaL, custom actions can be applied during drag and drop operations from the Stellent repository to the XML document.
- Consistent content creation The integration provides support for the structured authoring environment (using DTDs or schemas) managed by Corel XMetaL.
Stellent Content Management provides a single product architecture that offers Web content management, document management, collaboration, records management and digital asset management functionalities. The system enables customers to rapidly deploy line-of-business Web sites, such as employee portals and partner extranets, as well as enterprise-wide solutions that standardize content management for use by multiple sites and applications throughout an organization. The Stellent Content Management system offers the widest array of content contribution and content delivery mechanisms on the market, enabling any user to contribute any kind of content into the system for conversion, management and delivery to any kind of Web site or application. It also integrates with existing security systems and provides business personalization, content integration, distribution and categorization features. For information on how to obtain Stellent Content Management, contact Stellent at 1-800-989-8774.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access