Silvon Software, Inc. announced Version 4.0 of its Stratum suite of enterprise performance management (EPM) applications, featuring a new module designed to help businesses plan, analyze and optimize inventory performance.
Stratum 4.0 leverages the demand planning and analytical functionality offered by the web-based Stratum.iPlanner user interface, which Silvon formally announced in April 2003. The release's new Inventory Performance Management module includes more than 30 prebuilt planning and analytical templates. It features rules-based exception management functionality for alerting planners of trends that will result in future problems. In addition, Stratum can trigger automated actions into internal operational systems or external supplier systems in response to these alerts.
"The planning functionality and analytics offered by Silvon's new Inventory Performance Management application can easily support a collaborative replenishment strategy while enabling businesses to balance the economic objectives of their organizations with customer service priorities," said Dr. F. Barry Lawrence, assistant professor, Industrial Distribution, at Texas A&M University. "I was very excited to have the opportunity to review the design for this application because it addresses inventory optimization with functionality and analytics rarely found in operational business applications."
The Stratum 4.0 Inventory Performance Management module is comprised of three integrated application areas:
- Inventory Planning and Optimization offers advanced inventory optimization capabilities for planning, analyzing and monitoring inventory safety stock, reorder points, order up levels, economic order quantities and carrying costs.
- Inventory Trends and Analysis offers the ability for businesses to compare and identify trends in inventory values and inventory turns over time; predict potential cash flow problems through inventory-to-sales ratios; and to determine which areas of inventory should be focused on for improvement purposes.
- Inventory Position and Projections enables companies to project inventory out based on current business conditions, thus preventing shortages or build-ups. In addition, users can track current inventory on hand, in transit and available by product / location and request inventory transfers when needed.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access