Siebel Systems Inc. and Microsoft Corp. announced that Siebel 7.7, the latest release of Siebel business applications, tightly integrates with multiple Microsoft .NET-enabled technologies to deliver more powerful business solutions at significantly reduced total cost of ownership.
Siebel 7.7's broad and deep use of Microsoft .NET sets a new standard for product integration in the global strategic alliance between the two companies. The global alliance continues to deliver significant value to Siebel and Microsoft's mutual customers, providing them with business solutions that take full advantage of Microsoft's most advanced products and capabilities.
Siebel Systems and Microsoft have worked closely together to include support in the Siebel 7.7 release for a range of Microsoft technologies that leverage .NET functionality:
- Siebel 7.7 support for Microsoft Office System. Siebel Systems and Microsoft are extending Siebel 7.7 functionality to the Microsoft Office System, allowing Siebel customers to seamlessly leverage the capabilities of Microsoft Office Outlook and providing transparent access to customer relationship management (CRM) data to users of Microsoft Outlook. Siebel 7.7 supports native use of the Outlook calendar within Siebel and allows Siebel users to associate Outlook data with records in the Siebel database, providing a more comprehensive view of the customer. In addition, the Siebel Exchange Connector supports server-side data synchronization between Siebel and Microsoft Exchange Server so users of either or both applications can directly share information. Additional Microsoft Office System features, such as rights management and extensible markup language (XML) support, also can be leveraged with Siebel 7.7.
- Universal Application Network on BizTalk Server 2004. Built on the.NET Framework and supporting the recently released Microsoft BizTalk(R) Server 2004, Siebel Universal Application Network (UAN) is a standards-based architecture for business integration that enables organizations to leverage their existing IT investments, deploy best-in-class applications, and streamline their business processes across departments, partners, vendors and IT systems, unlocking customer data and distributing it throughout the enterprise. Siebel Systems and Microsoft are collaborating to provide UAN solutions that will deliver cost-effective, rapidly deployable business integration solutions across a broad range of industries.
- Windows Server 2003. The Microsoft Windows platform continues to be the most widely used platform for Siebel deployments and now outpaces new deployments on all alternative platforms. With Siebel 7.7, Siebel Systems now supports Microsoft Windows Server 2003, the latest server offering from Microsoft, providing customers with enterprise-class scalability and performance at a low total cost of ownership. Siebel 7.7 also supports single sign-on integration with Active Directory Services.
- Microsoft Operations Manager. Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) is designed to improve the manageability of Windows Server System. The CRM Management Pack for Microsoft Operations Manager 2000 offers more than 100 rules to help administrators manage their Siebel 7.x deployment on a Microsoft technology platform. Administrators can use MOM to keep their Siebel 7.x applications operating at peak performance.
- Siebel Handheld applications on Windows Mobile software for Pocket PCs. Siebel Handheld 7.7, which supports Windows Mobile(TM) software for Pocket PCs, introduces new Store and Forward Messaging capabilities, providing real-time and near-real-time dispatch of critical CRM information to and from field professionals. In addition, Siebel 7.7 includes enhanced integration with Microsoft Exchange for mobile knowledge workers, enabling a number of new scenarios. For example, with full visibility of important account and contact information, a remote field service representative can now schedule appointments in Siebel via his or her Outlook calendar on his or her Pocket PC. Server-side synchronization between Siebel and Microsoft Exchange keeps the two systems consistent, ensuring that other Siebel users have full visibility into the representative's calendar and availability.
- Siebel 7.7 Analytics on Microsoft SQL Server. Siebel 7.7 has been optimized on Microsoft SQL Server(TM) 2000 to provide enterprise-class scalability for the most demanding Siebel customers. Siebel 7.7 on SQL Server offers powerful and comprehensive data management applications and services at a low total cost of ownership. Customers already are realizing the benefits of Siebel 7.7 Analytics with support for SQL Server, which provides organizations with real-time customer and business insight they can act upon. Siebel 7.7 Analytics supports SQL Server as an XMLA provider for multidimensional data sources, enabling users to view side by side Siebel and non-Siebel data stored in SQL Server Analysis Services cubes.
Since its general release, Siebel 7 has been widely adopted by thousands of new and existing Siebel customers. Encompassing 490 discrete applications and 23 industry-specific solutions, Siebel 7 is the market leading multichannel solution that enables organizations to establish an enterprise-wide view across all lines of business, geographies and communication channels. Siebel 7.7 provides expanded functionality, extended industry-specific solutions and numerous enhancements that increase ease of use and lower the total cost of ownership. With Siebel 7.7 organizations are able to analyze and optimize customer, partner and employee interactions to dramatically increase customer satisfaction and loyalty, maximize revenue and profit, and increase employee productivity and performance.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access