SchemaLogic, a leader in business semantics management and integration for Global 5000 companies, introduced Workshop Web, a Web-based, central repository for semantic data that encourages enterprise-wide participation in the development and maintenance of a corporate lexicon. Workshop Web allows organizations to leverage the knowledge and expertise of a variety of sources, including subject matter experts, business users and domain experts.
Workshop Web's intuitive user interface allows interested stakeholders to view their areas of interest, suggest changes and collaborate with the information architects and taxonomists within the organization to improve the richness and accuracy of the organization's semantic model. With an enhanced semantic model, organizations can increase their competitive advantage and reduce operational costs through better information management and increased data quality, which leads to more agile, intelligent business decisions.
Workshop Web is a zero-footprint Web client application that requires no downloads. It was designed with an emphasis on simplicity and ease of use to allow users to accomplish effective discovery and collaboration tasks in a rapid and intuitive fashion.
Other features of Workshop Web:
- Supports thousands of business users with occasional or casual interest in standards development and use;
- Supports comments and change requests for non-stakeholder users;
- Easily customized, extended and integrated into business portals;
- Provides powerful and visual-intuitive vocabulary browsing and editing capabilities for registered SchemaServer stakeholders;
- Provides online web-based voting for business stakeholder and remote-access scenarios; and
- Provides subject-based forums and collaboration around semantic standards, changes and best practices.
Workshop Web is browser independent and supports open source or licensed platforms to expand or change the application as needed. For more information about Workshop Web, please visit www.schemalogic.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access