SAS, a leader in business intelligence, introduced SAS Retail Intelligence Solutions, a new suite of integrated software offerings that addresses three of the biggest challenges facing retailers. These solutions enable retailers to understand past customer behavior and predict future buying patterns, determine the net profitability of products and see the effectiveness of promotional campaigns across multiple channels. Armed with these powerful insights, retailers can formulate and implement consistent business strategies and performance metrics across the organization, improve customer service and maximize profitability. Announcement of the new software suite occurred during the ECR Europe Conference in Brussels, Belgium.
The four components of SAS Retail Intelligence Solutions represent best practices from SAS' nearly 30 years of experience helping retailers around the world solve these specific problems. At the heart of each solution is SAS' expertise in data management and predictive analytics, essential in enabling retailers to reduce their dependence on gut instinct and year-over-year histories. Underlying the entire suite is the SAS Retail Intelligence Architecture, an "out of the box" enterprise-wide data model that contains customer, retail outlets, supply chain and transaction information (down to the SKU level). By reducing implementation time and project risk, SAS' unique architecture speeds retailers' ROI.
"Solving customer needs is at the heart of everything SAS does," added Joseph. "The new suite of solutions, which builds on the acquisition of Marketmax, is a clear reflection of SAS' commitment to retailers worldwide."
SAS Retail Intelligence Solutions include the following four components:
· SAS Customer Insight for Retail helps retailers better understand their customers through quantitative analysis, strategic segmentation and behavior predictions based on customers' demographic, psychographic, transactional and attitudinal data. Additionally, the solution offers retailers the ability to segment and profile stores based on transaction history and trade area demographics. Using SAS' powerful, retail-specific customer analytics, the solution enables retailers to implement optimum marketing and merchandising strategies to increase profitability, improve customer service and overall customer satisfaction and loyalty.
· SAS Supply Chain Costing for Retail combines advanced data management and a retail-specific costing methodology. This gives retailers financial visibility into their supply chains by allowing them to consistently measure and analyze the true supply chain costs as products move through distribution centers, stores and customer checkouts. Using this solution, retailers can model alternate scenarios for understanding the financial impact of merchandising and supply chain decisions. SAS Supply Chain Costing for Retail provides companies net product profitability information to help them make fact-based decisions around product assortments, new product introductions, promotions/events and alterations in supply chains.
· SAS Promotional Effectiveness for Retail helps retailers analyze the marketing effectiveness of past promotions against set objectives and predict the success of planned promotions to help forecast demand. The solution lets retailers forecast the impact of promotions on uplift of base volumes by SKU, retail outlet and by the week/time of promotion, thus helping them take appropriate merchandising and marketing decisions.
· SAS Strategic Performance Management for Retail gives retailers the ability to translate business strategy into actions that can be quickly measured and monitored throughout the organization. This solution includes retail-specific corporate scorecarding, key performance indicators, mapping and knowledge-base visualization that enable formulation of organizational strategy. In combination with other components of SAS Retail Intelligence Solutions , retailers can surface business intelligence throughout their organization via a strategic road map that they can use to set corporate targets, monitor performance and support consistent decision-making.
SAS Retail Intelligence Solutions is available immediately in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The company plans to add additional solutions to help retailers solve other specific business problems. Further information on SAS Retail Intelligence Solutions and SAS' entire family of retail-specific products is available at http://www.sas.com/industry/retail/index.html.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access