September 2, 2008 - Salient Corporation announced the introduction of UXT 4.0, the latest version of its activity-based performance management software, which helps businesses and government entities measure value and improve overall productivity and performance.
Salient UXT is a scalable in-memory business intelligence (BI) engine that bolts onto multiple data sources and draws data useful for scoring value creation (e.g., profit and loss, quality of service, volume growth, etc.). It affords ad hoc data interrogation with common business databases (e.g., Oracle, SAP, SQL, ODBC-compliant, etc.) and provides visualization, root cause analysis, continuous auditing, performance monitoring and forensic applications for business, health care, education and government.
At its core, UXT has two parts working together to provide a way to measure the value added by activity throughout an organization and drives this knowledge back into the process to make a difference in business outcomes:
- Salients automatic value scoring (AVS) engine, which measures how day-to-day business activities affect the net economic value of individual persons, products, assets and business relationships.
- Salient Interactive Miner (SIM), which enables nontechnical persons to search for information and perform analysis without technical support.
UXT enables people to have a holistic view of their enterprise through its ability to leverage metadata and make correlations and comparisons beyond basic transactional data, to include causal data, unstructured data, operational factors and environmental elements. Analysis in UXT is available in four main groups: comparative views, advanced trend views, exception views and outlier views. Additionally, geospatial analysis, alerts and Excel plug-ins are available to give people a complete view of their organizations activities.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access