Salesforce has launched Desk.com App Hub -- which is designed to help small and midsize (SMB) companies deliver better customer service and, by extension, a better customer experience.
The new App Hub is a "one-stop shop for SMBs to easily access more than 50 partner apps that help them enhance the customer service experience and accelerate growth," Salesforce said in a prepared statement. The apps manage everything from e-commerce and email marketing, to telephony and text messaging support. Salesforce senior VP Leyla Seka oversees the new Desk.com business.
The Desk.com App Hub, starting at $30 per user per month, potentially counters cloud-centric service desk apps like ServiceNow. Salesforce says Desk.com App Hub features:
- A single dashboard/console for all apps that integrate into Desk.com -- giving SMBs a single, unified view of all customer data to resolve business and support issues.
- Telephony integrations that display service calls in the Desk.com agent view. Additional multi-channel integrations span chat, email, self-service, social media and web.
- Desk Connect technology syncs data from Desk.com support cases to Salesforce.
The Desk.com App Hub arrives as Salesforce attempts to overcome Wall Street fears about slowing growth. Salesforce's shares fell about three percent within hours after the company shared a financial forecast last week that was weaker than Wall Street expected.
Still, Salesforce is rapidly diversifying beyond its cloud CRM heritage. Only days before the Desk.com App Hub announcement, Salesforce.com said its cloud analytics ecosystem was growing rapidly.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access