Businesses are facing more risk today than ever before. Maybe the risks have been there all along, but we are encountering more business surprises than ever before, which makes us focus on the underlying risks. Whether it's an impending SEC investigation or the threat of online phishing, paying attention to the types of risk that our organizations may encounter, along with risk signals - clues to the potential identification of an emerging risk - can lead to risk mitigation strategies that can help us avoid those surprises. What are the major types of risk we should look for? Here are my top ten, in true David Letterman format.
10. Market Risk. Changes in market conditions can have a negative effect on a company's asset values. These changes are routinely tracked and forecasted by economists and industry analysts.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access