Quest Software, Inc., a provider of application management solutions, announced the Storage Optimization Offering, a program developed jointly with Microsoft. Available at www.storageoptimization.com at no cost, the Storage Optimization Offering helps organizations calculate total cost of ownership (TCO) and project savings by consolidating to Windows Storage Server 2003 using Quest FastLane Consolidator.
The Storage Optimization Offering provides IT administrators with a methodology and two free tools to assess storage resources consumed by network servers and subsequently calculate potential TCO and project savings that can be achieved through consolidation. These tools include:
- An agent-less storage analytics utility that can be used to scan Windows Servers to obtain the storage metrics needed for calculation.
- An Online ROI Calculator, which calculates TCO by consolidating to Windows Storage Server 2003 as well as project savings by performing consolidation using FastLane Consolidator versus other methods.
Once the calculation is complete, participants can refer to an accompanying Recommendations Guide to help interpret the results.
By using the free Storage Optimization Offering, customers will be provided with the high-level storage metrics they need to make initial calculations on potential TCO reductions and project implementation savings as a result of consolidating to Windows Storage Server 2003 using Quest Software's FastLane Consolidator. The Storage Optimization Offering also shows potential cost savings if unused data such as old or duplicate files are removed from the network. These savings typically average thousands of dollars per server.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access