ProClarity Corporation, a provider of analytic application technology for the enterprise, announced Release 5.3 of the ProClarity Analytics Platform product family from the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2003 event. The ProClarity Analytics Platform Release 5.3 delivers unprecedented capabilities to monitor and analyze performance against objectives and to create, share and centrally manage business process knowledge and best analytic practices. Unlike legacy business intelligence (BI) products, ProClarity's platform is the system for developing custom analytic applications that speed the transformation of complex information into individual understanding.
Release 5.3 provides an enterprise-class custom analytic applications platform to solve sophisticated business intelligence problems:
- Provides the foundation for corporations to design purpose-built analytic solutions that support better decision-making across far broader audiences.
- Enables faster application availability than developing from scratch.
- Lightens the IT burden in creating and deploying custom analytic applications.
- Drastically reduces the cost to maintain and manage the analytic applications.
- Readily supports integration with existing applications.
In order to help customers be as productive as quickly as possible ProClarity also offers the only customizable suite of out-of-the-box products, built from ProClarity components, allowing an organization to immediately realize the benefits of a powerful suite of analytics tools. The most important aspect is ProClarity's unrivaled ability to easily customize even these pre-packaged tools to meet specific decision-making process requirements as well as integrate with existing corporate applications and infrastructure. Available in November 2003, Release 5.3 includes the following new products and enhancements:
- ProClarity Business Logic Server - server-based product that delivers strategic value to enterprises in its ability to centrally store, manage and propagate centralized business logic in the form of business views and associated linkages from one view to another, sophisticated set definitions and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- ProClarity Dashboard Server - server-based product that seamlessly integrates with the ProClarity Analytics Server and provides IT administrators or business users the ability to easily create, view and monitor any number of KPIs or views from an intuitive dashboard web client.
- KPI Designer - a wizard-driven tool that business analysts or power users use to create KPIs that the entire enterprise can use to monitor business performance against goals.
- New thin client interface - based on extensive use of the latest Web-browser techniques for building user interfaces the new ProClarity Standard Web client features breakthrough data visualization, intuitive navigation and advanced calculation power - all with usability traditionally thought only possible with "rich" Windows-based clients.
- Application Templates - available in early 2004 - sample KPIs, usage scenarios, views, sets and data models that help customers rapidly deliver analytic applications for category, inventory and consumer management
The new ProClarity Dashboard Server delivers unrivaled one-stop shopping for business-critical knowledge. It is one key way that enterprise-wide understanding is gained, as its sole function is to provide users with a timely snapshot of how they are performing against quantifiable business objectives. Standardized definitions of business rules, KPIs and best analytic practices are propagated using the Dashboard Server. When users need to analyze a KPI that is underperforming, for example, the Dashboard Server intuitively launches the appropriate ProClarity ad-hoc analysis client to allow the decision maker to analyze and understand a data point and take action.
"We are looking forward to the new ProClarity Dashboard Server in Release 5.3 to make it even easier to create, update and share dashboards with multiple ProClarity views throughout the company, which we are currently updating as often as every ten minutes," said Eric Lofstrom, OLAP architect for Quicken Loans. "From a programming standpoint, the different things we can do with ProClarity components gives Quicken Loans a wide range of presentation options to best meet our decision makers' needs. Without ProClarity, we'd still be measuring the business by hand. We are now able to deliver the main metrics of our business with speed and accuracy that was unthinkable even just two years ago and we anticipate even more benefits with Release 5.3."
The ProClarity Business Logic Server dramatically improves decision-making productivity throughout the entire enterprise as it ensures the propagation of "one version of the truth." Definitions of key business rules and analytic best practices are stored and managed in the ProClarity Business Logic Server, ensuring that each decision-maker is applying the same, correct analytic logic to their decision making process. A new tool used to populate the Business Logic Server is the ProClarity KPI Designer, which comes pre-loaded with over 30 existing KPI templates aligned to many common calculations or metrics. Users are not required to understand any underlying programming language as the wizard guides users through the steps required to create KPIs and publish them to the ProClarity Business Logic Server.
ProClarity Release 5.3 begins the integration with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services to provide mutual customers with a comprehensive and cost-effective reporting and analysis solution that is easy to implement. ProClarity Release 5.3 includes a SharePoint Point Server Integration Kit to deploy ProClarity analytics within SharePoint Portal Server 2003. The integration kit will be available for download in November. In addition, ProClarity Release 5.3 provides full support for Microsoft Office System 2003 out-of-the-box.
"With Release 5.3, ProClarity continues to deliver a best-in-class development platform for analytic applications. The ProClarity platform extends the Microsoft BI platform to enhance the business performance of our mutual enterprise customers," said Bill Baker, general manager for Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence. "Embedding BI in everyday applications and custom analytic applications makes BI an everyday thing for more people in more organizations. ProClarity and Microsoft have had and continue a long partnership in driving these trends and delivering solutions that improve customer productivity, efficiency and success."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access