Pilot Software Inc., the original provider of operational performance management solutions, announced availability of PilotWorks 2006, the performance management solution that streamlines the process of collecting, approving and publishing metrics, thereby addressing the primary reason that most performance management deployments fail to meet their original expectations.
Coupled with dozens of other new features designed to accelerate adoption, PilotWorks provides organizations with the only performance management solution to provide a truly personalized experience.
Initial customers migrating to the solution include the General Services Administration (GSA) and Sarasota County Government. Focusing on providing users personalization and autonomy, while ensuring organizational alignment, new features include the entry and approval component of PilotWorks that streamlines the process of collecting metrics for a performance management system.
Analogous to what content management solutions did for Web site management, Pilot's distributed and delegated entry, approval and publishing component uses an easy-to-follow workflow system to help jumpstart performance management programs, significantly reducing costly errors and the amount of time spent on metrics collection and approval. Additionally, this approach allows organizations to quickly collect quantitative metrics without having to spend time integrating transactional systems or establishing a data warehouse just for one or two metrics. Also qualitative metrics created for the purpose of monitoring performance can now be collected without having to establish a new system. Key features include:
- Enter data using easy-to-use Web forms or Excel templates that display only data relevant to metrics owner, ensuring focus on the task at hand.
- Full audit trail captures detailed user interactions, including time stamps for approval, rejection and submission of metrics.
- Notes typically communicated via email or telephone can be tied to any specific step within the process, creating a complete snapshot of workflow best practices for future use.
- Ability to create templates and assign metrics to various users facilitates a streamlined approach to metrics data entry workflow.
- A single interface manages collection, entry, approval and publishing of metrics across multiple users and data models.
- Email notification apprises users of next steps, keeping the metrics process moving forward.
In addition to the entry and approval component of PilotWorks, the new Home Tab of PilotWorks provides each user with their own personalized experience to performance management increasing the adoption and acceptability of the solution.
- State-specific bookmarks enable each user to capture and share a "moment in time" critical to addressing performance issues in dynamic, fast-paced organizations.
- Personalized performance summaries allow users to track key indicators, objectives and initiatives important to them.
- Wireless-enabled alerts allow managers - anywhere in the world - to take immediate corrective action on areas of concern, heading off future performance issues.
- Archived alerts go beyond simple email notification to eliminate concerns over lost or misfiled emails and ensure a comprehensive repository of performance management insight.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access