Percussion Software, a leading developer of practical software solutions enabling customers to maximize the value and quality of enterprise content, introduced the newest addition to the Rhythmyx product line, Rhythmyx Express Portal. Rhythmyx Express Portal is a Workgroup as opposed to Enterprise Portal, designed to enable organizations to achieve standard portal benefits in a fraction of the time and cost. Rhythmyx Express Portal provides teams within organizations a comprehensive yet practical solution for ensuring that the right information is delivered to the right person at the right time.
Key capabilities of the Rhythmyx Express Portal include out-of-the-box personalized content delivery, an extensive library of prebuilt and sample portlets, project collaboration capabilities and content integration through a sophisticated content capture feature. In addition, Rhythmyx users can choose to "live" in the portal and, using the Rhythmyx portlets, access the content contribution and management capabilities of Rhythmyx. "Portals have quickly become a preferred interface for collaborative, dynamic Web sites, providing an efficient means to access and contribute content. Enterprise portals have become part of the core IT infrastructure to meet this demand, but often require a significant investment in time, money, and resources before results are obtained," said Michael Maziarka, drector at CAP Ventures, Inc. "However, many companies and workgroup teams need a solution that is easier and faster to deploy. We expect solutions, such as Rhythmyx Express Portal, to meet this critical but overlooked need of workgroups and organizations not yet ready to make the investment in an enterprise portal."
Rhythmyx Express Portal is designed for organizations that need a rapid implementation, enabling them to realize results in a matter of weeks. Using Rhythmyx's first-of-a-kind De- Coupled Delivery capability, it provides a user-aware framework for personalized, dynamic delivery to intranets, extranets or Internets.
By offering a streamlined, cost-effective solution that deploys quickly, the combination of Rhythmyx 5 and Rhythmyx Express Portal enables organizations to choose Percussion as a single source for both portal and content management capabilities. Rhythmyx Express Portal is an add-on product to Rhythmyx. It provides portal benefits such as personalization, project team collaboration and content integration capabilities quickly and at a fraction of the cost of typical enterprise portal solutions.
Rhythmyx Express Portal includes the key functions needed for successful flow of content through a portal, including:
- Streamlined Content Delivery Tight integration with Rhythmyx 5 enables users to send content to the portal directly from the content management environment. No additional coding is needed content is published to the portal from Rhythmyx 5 seamlessly.
- Portal-Based Content Contribution A set of integrated portlets allow the user to access content in Rhythmyx from within the portal environment, enabling users to work within the portal while still having access to the capabilities of the Rhythmyx 5 content management system.
Additional key features of Rhythmyx Express Portal include:
- Project collaboration capabilities including discussion forums,
bulletin boards, team calendars, to-do lists and file-sharing;
- A library of over 50 sample portlets, including Rhythmyx portlets;
- Integration made simple with an elegant content capture capability;
- Ability to display content based on metadata values derived from user profiles;
- Comprehensive administration for configuring user, roles and groups; and
- Built-in integration for AvantGo's mobile Internet service for delivering content to handheld personal digital assistants (PDAs) and smart phones.
The Rhythmyx Express Portal is J2EE-based and requires 25MB of system memory and 65MB of disk space. It supports JAAS (Java Authentication and Authentication Services) providers for portal security and supports standard directory services, such as LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) and Active Directory. Additional portlets can be developed using standards such as Java, JSP, Velocity and HTML.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access