PeopleSoft, Inc. announced the general availability of three new products within its industry-leading PeopleSoft Enterprise Service Automation (ESA) 8.8 suite: PeopleSoft Enterprise Program Management, PeopleSoft ESA Portal and PeopleSoft Enterprise Proposal Management. Proposal Management enables professional services organizations to accurately estimate and prioritize proposals for services work. Program Management and ESA Portal, part of PeopleSoft ESA for IT, provides IT organizations with new project management and information delivery capabilities to monitor project performance and enable IT governance.
PeopleSoft ESA for IT is the industry's most comprehensive solution for IT governance. Pressure to reduce costs and improve regulatory compliance has forced CIOs and IT organizations to implement new IT governance programs that improve project ROI and enhance IT service delivery. In addition, this pressure requires CIOs to measure and communicate to executives and shareholders the value that IT brings to the entire organization. PeopleSoft ESA for IT addresses these issues with an integrated solution that combines IT best practices with PeopleSoft's transactional systems, analytic applications and roles-based portals.
"Our members are telling us that they lack an integrated solution to improve IT governance," said Chris Miller, executive director, Working Council for Chief Information Officers. "Using an integrated solution will give CIOs a single source of data on IT projects and resources that they need. As a result, CIO's can focus on their most attractive IT investments, deploy IT resources appropriately, and respond quickly to changing business requirements."
"IT governance has become a paramount issue for the State of North Dakota in just the last few months," said Curtis L. Wolfe, chief information officer, State of North Dakota. "The State legislature recently mandated that we report on the progress and success of all our IT projects, to ensure that we are spending taxpayer dollars wisely. By expanding its PeopleSoft ESA for IT suite, PeopleSoft is leading the way in helping organizations like the State of North Dakota address increased pressures to improve IT governance."
The new modules within PeopleSoft Enterprise Service Automation 8.8 include:
- PeopleSoft Enterprise Program Management provides project management capabilities across multiple projects by connecting the entire business process, from selecting strategic projects to managing resources, tracking costs and analyzing results.
- PeopleSoft ESA Portal leverages PeopleSoft's industry-leading Enterprise Portal technology to deliver a consolidated, real-time view of project activity and data analysis. ESA Portal will provide managers with greater visibility and control over project performance and execution, enabling them to identify and address potential problems early in the project lifecycle.
- PeopleSoft Enterprise Proposal Management allows managers to accurately estimate and prioritize proposals for services work, including costs, scope, time line and profitability of the proposed project.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access