PeopleSoft Inc. announced a new portfolio of application hosting and management services for PeopleSoft Enterprise, PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne and PeopleSoft World customers. PeopleSoft Hosting offers industry-leading levels of availability and service for mission-critical systems to enable companies to better deploy internal resources and focus on core business issues. PeopleSoft now offers three levels of service, enabling its software customers to select the solution that best suits the needs of their organizations.
"Application hosting has evolved from the domain of early adopters into a mainstream strategy for companies looking to focus on innovation and offload day-to-day software application management," said Amy Mizoras Konary, program manager for software pricing, licensing and delivery at IDC. "Companies need to optimize IT staff around critical business activities. A vendor that can provide reliable services and single-source accountability can help maximize the potential benefits of hosting, including cost savings and risk reduction."
PeopleSoft's new application hosting and management services are designed to meet the needs of PeopleSoft software customers in a variety of market segments. These new offerings support multiple hardware and database platforms and include:
- Value: This offering provides organizations with a cost-efficient solution to host their PeopleSoft applications. The solution provides customers with an industry-leading service level agreement that delivers 99.5 percent availability and can support up to 100 concurrent users.
- Enhanced: In addition to the benefits delivered by the Value service, the Enhanced service offers customers expanded hours of operation for customizations and unique enhancements. The Enhanced service level also offers 99.5 percent availability and can support up to 300 concurrent users. Ultimate: This solution offers the highest level of service, reliability, support and performance. Ultimate can be tailored to meet the most robust requirements with up to 99.9 percent availability and 24x7 support.
For PeopleSoft software customers who prefer to keep their applications and servers onsite, PeopleSoft now offers Remote Hosting. While customers maintain their own IT infrastructure, PeopleSoft provides application maintenance support such as applying patches, proactive performance tuning, and database administration. Customers can leverage PeopleSoft's expertise for a more effectively managed system and a lower total cost of ownership.
Analyst firm IDC estimates that the worldwide application hosting market will experience a more than 25 percent compounded annual growth rate from 2002-2007. In addition, IDC concludes that organizations spend as much as 90 percent of their IT budget on system maintenance, which can be substantially reduced with application hosting (Source: IDC, Worldwide and U.S. Application Management Services and Software as a Service Forecast Update, 2003-2007, July 2003; Key Benefits of Applications Hosting and Management, October 2003).
The new PeopleSoft Hosting services are available immediately. PeopleSoft Hosting is one component of the company's Global Delivery Model, a mix of deployment options including Hosting and Solution Centers and offshore resources. The result is an extensive global network of resources, enabling PeopleSoft solution customers to drive down their total cost of ownership while they devote internal IT resources to growing their business.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access