PeopleSoft, Inc. announced that PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne will support Red Hat Linux. PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne customers that choose to run their applications on Linux can reduce their total cost of ownership by providing an open source, secure and stable operating system.
PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne will support Red Hat Linux for its Human Capital Management, Supply Chain Management, Supplier Relationship Management, Financial Management, Asset Lifecycle Management and Project Management applications.
Linux continues to gain significant momentum and acceptance in organizations around the world.
- META Group predicts that Linux will grow its current enterprise server market share from less than 10 percent to approximately 30 percent by 2007.
- IDC has projected that Linux server shipments will have a compounded annual growth rate of more than 28 percent through 2007.
- A December 2003 SG Cowen survey of more than 500 IT users in North America found Linux was in use at nearly 80 percent of their sites, with 72 percent on servers and 15 percent on desktops.
Support for Red Hat Linux will be available in the Q2 2004 release of PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne 8.10, and is currently available for the PeopleSoft Enterprise family of applications. PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne applications running on Red Hat Linux will also support the database, application and Web server tiers. PeopleSoft continues to work with IBM as a development partner to deliver its applications in a Linux environment.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access