Panorama Software, a global leader in business intelligence (BI) solutions, announced the general availability of Panorama NovaView 5, Release 2 for SAP NetWeaver BI (SAP BW). After recently achieving full SAP certified integration and becoming a Powered by NetWeaver partner, the Company tailored their flagship solution to empower more enterprises using SAP NetWeaver to improve their BI capabilities.
The new release of NovaView 5 differentiates itself from all other third-party BI solutions for SAP by the fact that Panorama NovaView connects directly to SAP's NetWeaver BI platform without performing any data or metadata extractions, enhancing performance and scalability as well as leveraging the investments customers have put into the platform. Panorama NovaView also extends the reach of SAP BEx by making SAP BW Queries more accessible and interactive for information workers.
The new release of NovaView 5 builds on all the components offered in the initial version of the product, which supports Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Service, but is now customized to also work directly against SAP NetWeaver BI.
Some of the key capabilities and benefits of NovaView(R) 5 Release 2 include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced caching and connection pooling for the best BW performance available;
- Provides end users with powerful yet intuitive capabilities such as "self service reporting," full data interaction such as filtering, sorting, exception management and more;
- Enhances enterprise delivery of BI through variety of front end tools: mySAP Portal, SharePoint, Dashboards, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and more;
- Integrates with the SAP BEx and is designed to directly run on InfoCubes, BW Queries and ODS;
- Advanced user collaboration; and
- Enhanced security options at each level (portal/Web/access) to ensure data is accessed confidentially and at the discretion of the organization.
"The biggest adoption challenge in the BI space today is easy access to information by business workers," said Colin White, Founder and President of BI Research. "There is still too much complexity associated with BI that prevents end users from freely exploring and sharing data. This is especially true in the SAP environment where most of the available tools require hands on involvement from analysts and IT staff for defining and changing reports and analyses. This prevents end users from gaining the full benefits of the BI environment. Panorama Software is releasing a product that not only improves BI usability for business workers, but also adds an important collaborative BI environment that is lacking in most BI solutions today."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access