Panorama Software, a recognized innovator of business intelligence (BI) solutions, marked another significant milestone today in the company's history with the launch of Panorama 4.0.
Panorama 4.0 is a comprehensive business intelligence solution which extends Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Business Intelligence Platform allowing decision makers at all levels and functions to easily analyze data, quickly create and distribute reports, and proactively measure performance. Panorama 4.0 is the only interoperable BI solution for the SQL Server platform enabling users to move seamlessly between data analysis, reporting and performance monitoring. Panorama 4.0 extends the value and reach of business intelligence to all users-making BI a part of everyday operations.
Panorama 4.0 offers several key differentiators from competitive offerings including:
- Proactive Intelligence: Unexpected or unseen business trends can ultimately result in a missed opportunity, or even a major business problem. Understanding this reality, Panorama 4.0's unique "bubble up exceptions" immediately notifies analysts and operational users of exceptions that occur to established rules. This function helps detect operational diversity which could signal a potential problem or issue requiring action.
- Interactive Dashboards and Key Performance Indicators: Monitoring and measuring a company's activities against organizational goals is an effective way to proactively manage business. Panorama's Performance Dashboards are web-based solutions that provide any business user with relevant metrics in an intuitive graphical console of key performance indicators (KPIs). These interactive dashboards present a 'snapshot' of business health, and provide the necessary tools to analyze those performance results--allowing every decision maker to better understand and improve performance.
- Rapid Reporting: Through an intuitive wizard-driven user interface, Panorama's ad-hoc query capabilities for SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services enable any user to run a query and generate ad-hoc reports through a standard web browser. The result is a customized, author-designed report utilizing existing information from a variety of relational and multidimensional data sources.
- Scalability: Most BI solutions leveraging the Microsoft platform are limited in the ability to scale beyond small populations of users behind the corporate firewall. Panorama's web-based infrastructure massively scales to a large number of users inside and outside the firewall. Panorama's enhanced security, smart data caching and query optimization enables users to leverage the solution at any time and from anywhere.
Panorama 4.0 extends the power of Microsoft's platform allowing companies to leverage existing IT investments and information to improve business results. To accomplish this task, Panorama 4.0 integrates the 'best of' business intelligence into a single integrated solution offering. Informed business decisions can be made to improve profitability, increase revenues, reduce costs and time to market and mitigate competitive risks. Panorama 4.0 also supports Microsoft Excel, SharePoint Portal Server and MapPoint.
"Panorama has long been known for tight integration and extension of Microsoft Analysis Services, and the company has continued to build its BI solutions in close conjunction with new Microsoft offerings," said Mark Smith, CEO of Ventana Research, a leading business intelligence and performance management research firm in San Francisco, California. "While there are a number of BI solutions available today, Panorama consistently differentiates itself by developing innovative solutions that change how companies traditionally use business intelligence."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access