June 10, 2008 - Panopticon Software released a new version of Panopticon Developer.
The company's flagship product is a comprehensive development platform enabling end users and independent software vendors to embed visualization technology into their business applications.
Panopticon Developer v5.1 is the newest version of the company's software developer kit (SDK). It allows companies to embed Panopticon's visualizations into proprietary business applications. Programmers create HTML-only, thin client or thick client applications with the SDK, which includes Streamcube OLAP data model.
The new version of Panopticon Developer is based on a plug-in architecture that makes adding new visualizations and data connections simple; developers can "plug in" new visualizations or plug in data sources without having to rewrite any code.
This new release adds several new features to the SDK:
- New scatter plot visualization. The Scatter Plot makes it easy to compare numerical values on a relative basis.
- Third party visualization wrapper. The SDK allows developers to wrap existing charting libraries so they can be plugged into the SDK.
- Real-time effects. This enables developers to add specialized flags and other visual indicators to make real-time updates to the screen clear and easy to interpret.
- Thin Web form visualizations. This allows developers to implement visualizations in zero footprint HTML clients, without requiring any applets, controls or plug ins to be installed on the client.
- Shared state framework. The framework states contain settings for hierarchies, data and visual dimensions, which allows developers to connect multiple visualizations to a single state.
- New generation StreamCube data model. The data model allows users to integrate legacy data sources into their visual business intelligence systems. It also enables the creation of specialized implementations of data storage.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access