OutlookSoft Corporation, a provider of business planning and performance management solutions for the Microsoft platform, announced the release of OutlookSoft Everest 4.0, a new and enhanced version of the market's only unified, Web-based business performance management (BPM) software.
Everest 4.0 enables businesses to execute on corporate strategy in real- time, by linking goals and objectives to personalized performance targets for every decision-maker across the enterprise not just an elite few. Consequently, knowledge workers throughout the enterprise are better able to plan, measure and manage their performance. Everest 4.0 delivers an accurate, consistent "single version of the facts" by unifying the essential processes of a complete BPM system, including real-time strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, financial consolidation, analysis, reporting and scorecarding. New features in Everest 4.0 include: Advanced consolidation with point-and- click intercompany elimination and currency conversion; a library of prepackaged key performance indicators (KPIs) with "one-click" scorecarding; and extended support and accessibility options for remote office workers and mobile users.
Everest's unified approach is unique to the BPM market, where non-integrated, narrow-use applications are common. Everest provides a single application and database for the complete BPM process. It is designed for the average business person and provides extensive reach and scalability across large distributed enterprises. Everest 4.0's unified architecture delivers many benefits to users including ease of deployment, administration, and user adoption resulting in low total cost of ownership and fast return on investment.
Since its inception, OutlookSoft has developed software based on the Microsoft platform and .NET. In addition to using Microsoft Office Excel to provide a single, familiar smart client interface for the BPM process, Everest 4.0 leverages the full extent of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and its Analysis Services OLAP/analytic component, the market-share leader in analytical application platforms.
OutlookSoft customers can access the information they need from across the enterprise directly from the desktop and Microsoft Office Excel by utilizing XML web services, increasing business efficiency and providing users with the information they need to do their job more effectively.
With Everest 4.0, companies are able to make faster, better-informed decisions by analyzing and reporting actual and historical performance. Users will see tangible, quantifiable results, including increased productivity, reduced costs and faster responses to market changes and customer needs.
Everest 4.0's new, industry-leading capabilities include:
- Advanced Consolidation: Large multinational corporations can consolidate financial data from different general ledgers quickly and accurately. This results in better analysis, faster response to problems, and fewer financial surprises. Advanced consolidation features include: Real-time consolidation from multiple general ledgers, multi-currency conversions, and packaged inter-company eliminations.
- Delegated Administration: Everest 4.0 enables specific lines of business to tailor BPM processes to their specific needs, without sacrificing the need for centralized control. The ability to delegate administrative tasks to business units, while maintaining centralized control, is a must in large, multi-national organizations.
- Prepackaged KPIs, Reports and Input Schedules: Everest 4.0 includes a library of pre- packaged KPIs that capture commonly used metrics for tracking business performance. Businesses are able to deploy fine-grained monitoring applications more quickly because the KPIs do not have to be built from scratch. A centralized KPI repository, in addition to pre-built dynamic reports and input templates, further ensure consistency throughout the scorecarding and reporting process.
- Application Wizard: Everest 4.0 includes powerful wizard functionality that allows non-technical business users to quickly and easily create new applications without IT support or custom programming. This enables business users to create new applications based on existing ones to avoid "reinventing the wheel," all while enforcing standards and best practices.
- Zero-Footprint Accessibility: Business users can create, modify, analyze, and report on performance from anywhere at any time, using a standard web browser - no client software required. BPM processes such as budgeting and forecasting can be easily extended to knowledge workers across an enterprise - even to remote or mobile users.
- Park-N-Go: Everest 4.0 allows mobile and low- bandwidth users to work offline, then re-connect and automatically synchronize with Everest's centralized repository at a later time. These offline reports and templates can also be automatically e-mailed from the system to designated recipients.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access