We added a number of featured bloggers in the past year (including Jim Harris from OCDQ Blog, David Menninger from Ventana, and, just recently, five analysts from Saugatuck Technology) and watched our readers become more involved in voicing their opinions. The diverse range of expertise from all of our writers touches on cutting edge industry trends (Hadoop and big data), long-standing BI issues (dealing with reporting, visualization and metadata) and expectations of vendor strategies (moves by HP, SAS and Oracle). Here are our 10 most popular posts from 2011 with choice post quotes in ascending order.
10) “Data Governance Star Wars: Give Yourself to the Bureaucracy” by Rob Karel, Forrester Research “Hi there – Rob ‘Darth’ Karel here. I’m Chief Terror Officer of Galactic Empire Operations (and active member of the ‘Dark Side Leadership Council’) and here’s my position: In order for data governance to succeed, organizations must define, implement, and comply with strict cross-enterprise guidelines, policies, and standards ...”
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access