October 15, 2009 - Oracle Open World wraps up today in San Francisco, an annual event always accompanies by a stream of releases from software, hardware and services provider. Many key news focused on upgrades and new releases of existing products and partnerships.
- Oracle and Simba Technologies iIntroduced MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP. According to the announcement, the new product enables fast and secure analysis of Oracle data directly from Microsoft Excel.
- Oracle Reveleus Enterprise Risk Analytical Applications is a new financial services solution for enterprise-wide stress testing. The solution enables institutions to centrally develop, define and manage scenarios and shocks to help provide a transparent and auditable means of performing regulatory and economic capital estimation.
- Oracle also claimed world record results for performance and scalability of Oracle Database on Fujitsu Server Cluster with SAP Business Intelligence Data Mart Standard Application Benchmark.
- Oracle Insurance commemorated key achievements of its first year including significant product upgrades and integrations that deliver on the Oracle Insurance promise to help insurers gain new levels of agility in unpredictable business environments.
- Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) System Release 184.108.40.206 is now available. This release introduces the Enterprise Resource Planning Integrator module for Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management that supports the bi-directional integration of financial data into Oracle Hyperion performance management applications from various ERP systems.
- A new release of Oracle Business Intelligence Applications was also introduced. This release of prebuilt analytic applications includes Oracle Spend Classification, new integration with Oracle's JD Edwards World, and expanded platform and language support.
- The new Oracle Exadata Partner Program will allow Oracle partners to resell Sun Oracle Database Machines and Sun Oracle Exadata Storage Servers, and also provides partners with enablement resources to help build value added services for Oracle's customers.
- CEO Larry Ellison demonstrated capabilities planned for a future release of Oracle Enterprise Manager, including support for managing Oracles next-generation Fusion Applications and new integration with Oracles support services, at his keynote. The demonstration showed Oracle Enterprise Manager dashboards for Oracle Fusion Applications, which are being designed to make it easy for administrators to monitor and manage all aspects of Oracle Fusion Applications.
Oracle highlighted a number of customer wins that included Amtrak, Allegro Group, Automobile Association of the UK, Banca Transilvania, CTC, Garanti Bank, Generale de Sante, Giant Eagle, HISCOM (Hokuriku Coca Cola), Integrated Health Information Systems Pte Ltd/National Healthcare Group, Singapore, KnowledgeBase Marketing, Loyalty Partner Solutions, M-Tel, MTN Group, Nagase, NS Solutions, NTT Data, OK Systems, Philippines Savings Bank, Research in Motion, SoftBank Mobile, Screwfix, Thomson Reuters, True Corporation Plc, TUI and Yamazaki Baking.
The company paid special attention to successes at customer sites such as Denver Water, Enterprise Holdings and Farmers Insurance Claims.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access