Open Text Corporation, a provider of enterprise content management (ECM) software, introduced a unique new solution for online "communities of practice" which bring together people in an organization with similar responsibilities or interests. Open Text announced the news at Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2004 in Orlando, Florida.
Called Livelink for Communities of Practice, the solution provides a central workspace in Livelink where members can publish relevant news, share documents, participate in member Weblogs, arrange online meetings and hold Webcasts. The solution also tracks the contributions of participants to help members identify experts in the community on specific subjects.
With Livelink for Communities of Practice, each community workspace offers a newspaper-like front page with syndicated headlines and content sections, where interesting patterns and trends are "bubbled up" for the community. Some of the key features include:
· Weblogs offer a simple and accessible platform where members can publish content such as articles and opinions.
· Tools for expert identification designate subject matter experts and distinguish frequent contributors wherever they are referenced in the community.
· Forums provide a platform for threaded conversations among community members on any subject.
· A community library stores a wide range of information relevant to community members, and a community calendar lets users post milestones and upcoming events.
Livelink for Communities of Practice is available immediately and works with Livelink 9.2 or higher on all supported platforms.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access