OneSource Information Services, Inc., a leading provider of business information solutions, announced the implementation of a new quality initiative that enhances the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of its business content. Using multiple techniques, including automated monitoring, parsing and tagging of news, content vendor management, corporate Web site reviews, primary research and rapid data correction, OneSource now offers its customers the benefit of increased productivity and effectiveness by building a higher degree of confidence into the business data in its Enhanced Information Warehouse repository.
Integrating business information on more than1.7 million public and private companies from the industry's most trusted content resources, the OneSource Business Browser product line, Synergy Solutions and Catalyst modules enable companies to benefit from the seamless integration of news, company profiles, executive information and industry data into applications that support key business processes. With the new quality initiative, OneSource will augment its "best-of-breed" integrated data approach with new rapid updating processes to keep pace with market events such as executive changes, mergers, acquisitions and bankruptcies.
Known for aggregating and enhancing business information from the world's most respected content sources, OneSource is now adding value on top of its trusted data sources through data quality initiatives focusing on:
· Executive Data:OneSource will update executive data based on monitoring news feeds, primary research on top companies, and in response to customer feedback. These updates, which will be posted as quickly as one business day after announcement, provide more immediate corrections than vendor updates can typically deliver.
· Corporate Family Data:Important for information users in legal, accounting and sales roles, OneSource is enhancing the timeliness and accuracy of its corporate family data to provide a comprehensive view of each company's subsidiaries and divisions. Pending changes in corporate families will also be flagged.
"There is no question that the issue of data quality is extremely important to any business initiative," said Chuck Richard, Vice President and Lead Analyst for Outsell, Inc., an industry analyst firm focused on the content industry. "However, one user's definition of data quality may differ from data quality priorities in another business function. OneSource has clearly grasped this important point, and has worked to understand how increases in content quality will benefit their users. Their methodology for improving quality is focused on results for their users, not just on database metrics."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access