On June 16, Ascential Software Corporation introduced Ascential Enterprise Integration Suite 7.0, the most advanced version of the company's flagship enterprise integration solution, and Ascential Real-Time Integration Services (RTI Services). This breakthrough technology extends the reach of Ascential Software's powerful data profiling, data quality, data transformation, parallel processing, meta data and connectivity solutions by enabling the seamless interoperability of Ascential Software's data integration solutions within an enterprise's service-oriented architecture (SOA).
"With the Ascential Enterprise Integration Suite 7.0 and RTI Services, we are changing the enterprise data integration landscape. With this release Ascential Software is making data integration pervasive by harnessing the benefits of a SOA and eliminating concerns about data sources, quality, volumes, and latency. Our customers can now integrate and leverage data across all strategic analytic and enterprise applications - including CRM, ERP, and supply chain management - with complete confidence in the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the critical information upon which their success depends," said Pete Fiore, president, Ascential Software. "Organizations using the Ascential Enterprise Integration Suite can drive their strategic initiatives based on accurate, current information, and optimize the strategic contributions of IT investments."
Key features of Ascential Enterprise Integration Suite 7.0 include:
- User interface enhancements that increase user productivity; new Ascential Intelligent Assistants that automate and establish standards; and pre-packaged tasks designed to boost productivity, reduce complexity and accelerate time to market.
- Strengthened security support and open Web Services-based enterprise management interface, designed to streamline mission-critical enterprise data integration deployments.
- Complete National Language Support (NLS) throughout the Ascential Enterprise Integration Suite using Unicode, designed to deliver data transparency across customer, subsidiary, partner and vendor systems worldwide.
- Extended operating systems support to include IBM z/OS Unix Systems Services (USS) and extended Red Hat Linux support, designed to give customers greater flexibility and reusability when deploying enterprise data integration projects.
- Enhanced cross-platform meta data-driven development, extensibility, business user accessibility, and industry standards support designed to improve business decisions, increase consistency and reduce time to market.
Ascential Real-Time Integration Services provides on-demand delivery of reliable, accurate and consistent data for real-time enterprises. Key features include:
- Any-to-any connectivity through which data transformation, standardization, matching and legacy data access capabilities are invoked through SOA conduits where and when needed using Web services (.NET and Java), Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) or Java Messaging Service (JMS) interface bindings.
- Standards-based interfaces to business process integration solutions designed to ensure that data contained within business process events can be transformed, standardized and matched on the fly across applications, customers, partners, and suppliers.
- Simplified creation and management of shared data transformation rules across analytical and enterprise applications, business activity monitoring, and business process integration environments, designed to shorten development cycles, lower costs, promote reusability and reduce the manual coding required by other integration technologies.
Ascential Software also announced two product name changes. The company's data quality solution, INTEGRITY, has been renamed Ascential QualityStage. MetaRecon®, Ascential Software's data profiling and analysis product, is now Ascential ProfileStage. The rebranding reflects the pervasive integration of these products with DataStage and the common services of the Ascential Enterprise Integration Suite. The company anticipates that the Ascential Enterprise Integration Suite 7.0 and RTI Services will be available in the third quarter.
More information on Ascential Software can be found on the Web at www.ascential.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access