DevelopMentor, a leading software development education company, announced a comprehensive training course to enable object-oriented programmers to build mobile applications using the .NET Compact Framework and ASP.NET Mobile Controls. Building Mobile Applications with .NET presents a detailed look at the fundamentals of developing and deploying wireless applications, including mobile phones and PDAs, using either C# or VB.NET. Software developers will learn how to build smart-client and browser-based mobile and wireless solutions and gain an understanding of the pros and cons of different design approaches. Course instructor Jim Wilson has been developing large-scale software systems for over fifteen years, specializing in the .NET framework. As head of the Mobile Applications course for DevelopMentor, Wilson is a consultant to Microsoft’s .NET Compact Framework & Mobile Devices teams and a frequent presenter at Microsoft conferences.
Course content includes techniques for managing data in the absence of reliable connectivity to a server, low-bandwidth communication options, application deployment to devices in the field, and building Web pages that render effectively across a wide range of mobile devices. Additional topics will include:
- .NET Compact Framework tips and techniques
- Mobile Web controls
- Choosing between mobile smart client and mobile Web solutions
- Detecting and managing changes in network connectivity
- ActiveSync Programming
- Application deployment and CAB file management
- Managing low-bandwidth wireless communications
- Disconnected Data Management techniques
- Using Microsoft SQL Server CE
- Improving application performance of large mobile device databases
- Merging Replication and Remote Data Access
Building Mobile Applications with .NET is a four day course. It will be offered March 23-26 in Los Angeles, March 29 - April 1 in Columbia, MD, April 4 - 7 in Boston, April 5-8 in Dallas, and May 3-6 in San Francisco. Developers should have at least one year of programming experience with a language such as C#, C++, Visual Basic, or Java, and familiarity with the Microsoft .NET framework. No prior experience with mobile/wireless device programming is necessary. To register, please call (800) 699-1932 or visit www.develop.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access