Netezza Corporation announced major enhancements to its Netezza Performance Server (NPS) 8000 product family, including the addition of a new model, the NPS 8025. The NPS 8025 delivers high-performance data warehousing capabilities to organizations with data sizes ranging from 400 gigabytes to one terabyte. By enabling a wider range of customers to realize real-time, tera-scale business intelligence at a lower price point, Netezza continues to expand its market share in the data warehousing industry. With the availability of the NPS 8025, Netezza now offers a product line that scales to accommodate data sizes of 400 gigabytes to 27 terabytes.
"Through 2010, we expect the market for data analysis to experience significant growth as VLDB requirements are increasingly becoming a fact of life for all organizations regardless of size," said Charlie Garry, senior program director, META Group. "From small businesses to global enterprises, any company with fast-growing data will require a solution that offers high performance and scalability at an affordable price point."
In order to meet increased market demand from global enterprises, Netezza has extended the product capabilities of the entire 8000 series. The following enhancements enable users to access even more power from the NPS system to analyze massive data sets:
· Upgraded workload management capabilities that provide support for hundreds of active users and thousands of queries in enterprise data warehouses and data marts with large multi-user and multi-client environments;
· Faster bulk data movement speeds - in excess of 250 gigabytes per hour -- that enable customers with shrinking operations windows to load or back up data.
· Enhanced support for international customers that provides SQL and ODBC loading/unloading and querying of international native-language on a single world-class data warehouse appliance.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access