a milestone for the industry, MicroStrategy Incorporated, a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence software, today announced the release of a breakthrough business intelligence reporting technology, MicroStrategy Report Services. MicroStrategy Report Services simplifies the deployment of business intelligence applications throughout a large organization to all its employees, customers and suppliers. It provides content-rich, user-friendly reports that can enrich existing business intelligence applications and ease the creation of numerous new ones.
MicroStrategy Report Services is already winning high praise for its ability to deliver the entire range of enterprise report types that companies need. MicroStrategy Report Services can deliver scorecards to executives, “managed metrics” reports to business-unit leaders, business performance reports to divisional managers, operational reports to all personnel, and invoices and statements to external consumers.
MicroStrategy identified the following important capabilities of MicroStrategy Report Services:
- Any Type of Enterprise Reporting. MicroStrategy Report Services is designed to let users create and share any type of enterprise report they desire. With MicroStrategy Report Services, all users can receive any type of enterprise report - from Web-based scorecards with performance indicators to multi-page printed operational reports sectioned across multiple dimensions. MicroStrategy Report Services delivers report design freedom by allowing report designers to easily combine traditional hierarchical banded design techniques and newer Web-oriented zone-based design techniques.
- User-Defined Web Reporting. MicroStrategy Report Services reports can reach thousands of users through MicroStrategy's award-winning unified Web interface, with each user receiving a completely personalized version of each report. All facets of a report are automatically personalized, including report contents, report language, and report drill-down paths. Users can personalize the content of every report further by selecting options from convenient lists when the report is run known as parameterized reporting. MicroStrategy's unified Web interface spans the globe in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese, Chinese and Swedish automatically out of the box.
- Pixel-Perfect and Print Perfect Design. MicroStrategy Report Services enables user self-service by providing an intuitive design interface to create the perfect report without programming or outside help. MicroStrategy Report Services lets users create desktop-publishing-quality reports on top of their existing data. Users create reports with pixel-perfect precision by simply dragging and dropping and then formatting reports for boardroom quality presentation. MicroStrategy Report Services also delivers reports in Portable Document Format (PDF), ensuring printed reports have the same quality as on-screen reports.
- High-Throughput Production Reporting. MicroStrategy Report Services delivers reports to any user touchpoint including the Web, networked printers, email, file servers, and portals. Report delivery can be specified by either administrators or the users themselves, and can be scheduled or event-based. MicroStrategy Report Services meets the rigorous demands of high- throughput production reporting, with a proven throughput of 72,000 reports per hour. MicroStrategy Report Services is appropriate for an organization's entire reporting needs and can ensure every report consumer gets the personalized reports they need through the channel they prefer.
- Seamless User Experience Reporting Through Analysis. MicroStrategy Report Services is fully integrated with the rest of the award- winning MicroStrategy Business Intelligence PlatformTM. Users can seamlessly move from reporting to analysis and back again. Since MicroStrategy Report Services is simply a 'service' in MicroStrategy's service-based architecture, the user interface stays the same as users move from reporting to analysis, minimizing product training and easing user adoption. All existing MicroStrategy reports will not only work with MicroStrategy Report Services, but they can also be made more compelling and approachable with MicroStrategy Report Services.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access