January 14, 2009 - MicroStrategy introduced MicroStrategy 9.
MicroStrategy 9 is expected to be generally available in the first quarter of 2009 and will include significant new products and enhancements to its BI software platform.
With this major release, MicroStrategy delivers new technology and features designed to: extend enterprise BI with enhancements for greater scalability, performance and efficiency; enable rapid development and deployment of departmental BI applications; and provide a seamless consolidation path from departmental BI to enterprise BI.
MicroStrategy 9 contains the following enhancements:
- Dramatically improved query performance,
- In-memory ROLAP,
- Multisource ROLAP,
- SQL optimization,
- 64-bit Web server support,
- Extreme AJAX code structures for MicroStrategy Web,
- Multipart report documents,
- Comprehensive internationalization,
- Change journaling,
- Update packages,
- Distributed administration,
- Simplified ETL capability,
- Metadata creation,
- Report design by business users,
- User-controlled report and dashboard distribution,
- Rapid dashboard creation and
- MicroStrategy graphical architect.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access