Metastorm, a leading provider of business process management (BPM) software for automating, managing and controlling processes today announced the completion of its full "roundtrip" business process management platform suite strategy with the introduction of an advanced process modeling and simulation capability for Metastorm e-Work. Based on customer and partner demand, Metastorm will leverage proven technology from iGrafx, a leading provider of business process analysis solutions. Through the partnership, Metastorm will embed the iGrafx Process software into its e-Work BPM software suite to deliver advanced modeling and simulation capabilities to its 700+ and growing global customer base.
Metastorm will embed the iGrafx technology directly into its new modeling and simulation module - called e-Work Envision. e-Work Envision will provide customers with powerful forecasting and predictive analysis capabilities that will allow users to both model new processes as well as simulate the impact of changes to existing processes.
The real power of e-Work Envision comes from its integration with the rest of Metastorm's BPM suite - which designs, automates, monitors, and analyzes critical processes. The combination enables:
- Modeling with Real Process Data - With the addition of e-Work Envision to the software suite, both the real-time and trend-based data on live processes that is already collected by Metastorm e-Work will become directly visible to a robust set of modeling and simulation capabilities powered by iGrafx. This gives users the foundation they need to accurately forecast and predict the impact of process changes on the business.
- Unlimited Potential to Improve Processes - Any aspect of a process can be analyzed and modeled, including process flow, roles, services, business rules, integration points - the possibilities are open to the user's imagination and innovation. The software supports true, real-time continuous process improvement by allowing users to immediately apply modeled process changes with no system downtime.
- Forecasting of Future Process Performance - Metastorm e-Work is unique in its ability to capture time-phased data and support trend analysis on live processes. This data, when fed into e-Work Envision, will allow business and IT analysts to forecast future process performance based on actual historical results and estimates of future market conditions. Processes can then be adapted to optimize future business performance.
Metastorm's delivery of this final piece of the company's 'roundtrip' product strategy was driven by both customer demand and market vision. Being an early leader in the BPM market has given Metastorm the advantage of having an extensive, global customer base of successful BPM implementations that have delivered real business results - and these implementations are now growing and evolving to encompass the full process management life cycle.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access