MDM and Data Governance Summit: 5 Themes to Expect
When it comes to Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Governance, many organizations are still struggling to understand which tools, technologies and best practices to embrace. With that reality in mind, Information Management's MDM & Data Governance Summit (Oct. 4-6, New York) has organized more than 50 expert-led sessions to address your questions. Here are five themes to expect at the event.
1. MDM & Data Governance Boot Camp: What's the fastest way to wrap your arms around today's top issues for data management professionals? Attend this boot camp session, hosted by The MDM Institute Chief Research Officer Aaron Zornes.
2. Governance of the Big Data Lake: Classic data warehouse challenges remain. But now a new challenge has come along -- involving the rise of data lakes for big data applications. Sunil Soares, founder of Information Asset, addresses the issues and questions in the room.
3. Master Data Governance for Cloud, Social MDM and Big Data: Overall data management was challenging in the traditional enterprise IT era. The issues are multiplying as new IT waves -- particularly cloud, social media and big data -- emerge. Malcolm Chisholm, president of AskGet.com, describes how data professionals can properly address each of those waves.
4. Master Relationship Management Is Coming of Age: A timely reality check -- pinpointing key MDM trends -- from Zornes.
5. Shift From Policy-Centric to Customer-Centric to Improve CX: Welcome to the age of the customer -- where customer experience (CX) is the top consideration for CEOs and their lieutenants. Cognizant's Naveen Sharma and OneAmerica's Nicolas Lance explain how to ensure CX is at the heart of your MDM and data governance efforts.
Registration is now open. If you'd like to potentially meet me or other Information Management staff members at the event please email me. We'll be previewing additional sessions and themes in the days ahead.