Security vendor McAfee has launched a cloud security offering aimed at software-as-a-service (SaaS) and cloud service providers.
Called the McAfee Cloud Secure Program, the service combines vulnerability scanning, certification services, automated auditing, and remediation and reporting capabilities.
McAfee says it has already signed on two high profile cloud services providers, Amazon Web Services and SuccessFactors, as lead customers.
“McAfee Cloud Secure is our first step toward proactive and comprehensive security certifications and tools for the cloud,” Marc Oleson, McAfee SaaS senior vice president and general manager, said in a statement. “McAfee is uniquely positioned to address security for the cloud given our technology, reputation and cloud expertise.”
According to research firm IDC, 87.5% of users surveyed cited “security concerns” as the primary issue faced when considering adopting cloud-based services. IDC security analyst Christian Christiansen, said SaaS vendors have had a difficult time convincing prospective clients that their services are secure and safe. He added such offerings as certification and automation will help address those concerns.
Key features of McAfee’s cloud security program include the following:
- Cloud security certification services – McAfee will partner with certification delivery vendors to provide certification services tailored for SaaS and cloud vendors.
- Automated auditing, remediation and reporting – McAfee will perform automatic and daily security audits, remediation of vulnerabilities and reporting on the security status of their service and network.
- Security credibility – the service will leverage McAfee’s Secure technology and “Trustmark,” which appears on more than 80,000 Web sites. In so doing, McAfee is attempting to give potential cloud service customers more confidence in choosing a cloud vendor.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access